AmplideX® PCR/CE C9orf72 Kit (RUO)
The AmplideX PCR/CE C9orf72 Kit (RUO) is a research product for the detection of GGGGCC repeats in the C9orf72 gene. These reagents provide a single-tube PCR approach based on a Repeat-Primed PCR (RP-PCR) design to profile repeat sequences in the C9orf72 gene.
Asuragen has established the market-leading technology for the reliable amplification and analysis of CGG triplet repeats in the FMR1 gene. The AmplideX PCR/CE C9orf72 Kit (RUO) is an expansion of this technology into the neurogenetics space. The kit provides clinical and pharmaceutical researchers with a reliable and reproducible method for high-resolution genotyping of hexanucleotide repeat expansions in the C9orf72 gene, which is of increasing interest in frontotemporal dementia (FTD) – the second most common form of early onset dementia after Alzheimer’s Disease – and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Implementation of proprietary 2-in-1 PCR solution for amplifying GC-rich regions
- A single sourced kit consisting of all PCR reagents needed for C9orf72 repeat amplification
- Streamlined workflow with minimal hands-on time
Optimized Workflow | Valuable operator hands-on time has been significantly reduced through:
- Single PCR reaction for both sizing and screening
- Direct injection of PCR products (no PCR clean up) to Capillary Electrophoresis platforms
- Decreased need for Southern blot analysis
Quality Performance | Performing C9orf72 analysis with greater sensitivity and accuracy:
- Five-fold improvement in length of alleles sized: accurate sizing up to 145 repeats
- Detection of alleles greater than 145 repeats
- Reveal low-level mosaicism and minor alleles
- Accurately sizes up to 145 repeats (Figure 1)
- Detects alleles >145 repeats (Figure 2)
- Resolves zygosity (Figure 3)
Figure 1: Coriell cell line ND06769: The AmplideX Kit correctly sizes a primary allele at 13 repeats and a minor allele at 44 repeats. The expanded allele is also detected in the electropherogram.
Figure 2. Coriell cell line ND06769: Alleles up to 145 repeats can be detected above background and correctly sized, alleles above 145 repeats are amplified and detected as expanded.
Figure 3: Side by side comparison of 2 Coriell cell lines: ND08619 (7,7 homozygous) and ND12102 (7,expanded heterozygous): Extension of the repeat-primed peak pattern beyond the shorter allele clearly differentiates the heterozygous sample from homozygous sample.