Overview of VH Bio Ltd
VH Bio Limited is a leading supply and distribution company for the life sciences industry within the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland, serving and specialising in key areas of science including Transplant Diagnostics, Molecular Biology, Immunology and Cell Biology.
Overview of the Position:
To support our expansion and the launch of our new and innovative NGS Target Enrichment product line we are looking to appoint a Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) Technical Sales Specialist to drive sustainable financial growth, increasing sales and forging strong relationships with clients. This is a unique and critically important position that will play a key role in the future success of the product line.
Tasks and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
As the NGS Technical Sales Specialist for our NGS Target Enrichment products, you will be responsible for assisting in the development and execution of strategies in line with business objectives to drive sales and sustainable growth. As an integral member of the team, you will use your technical knowledge and business development skills to acquire new customers while managing, retaining and growing any existing business.
Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Manager, your duties will include:
- Generate new business and successfully close sales opportunities in a timely, effective and efficient manner.
- Demonstrate solution selling to engage in the consultative selling of products to prospective clients
- Effectively prospecting and generating new customer leads and opportunities
- Cultivating strategic collaborations with Key Opinion Leaders
- Delivering technical scientific presentations and product overviews
- Assist in the development and execution of strategic sales plans to meet sales targets.
- Manage the sales pipeline and have a good understanding of the required funnel from new leads to closed revenue
- Engage with prospective clients and developing and maintain strong customer connections
- Meeting with prospective clients either face to face or virtually
- Attending conferences and networking events as appropriate to foster new relationships, contacts and business opportunities
- Utilising the CRM to manage the sales funnel and sales process
- Travel within the UK and Republic of Ireland territory. The role will also occasionally require international travel
Background and Experience:
The ideal candidate must have a solid knowledge of molecular biology and in particular genomics and Next Generation Sequencing. You will need a positive mindset, an attitude and approach that actively seeks out change to succeed in a complex and highly competitive environment. As the right candidate you must:
- Have proven sales/business development experience, preferably in the genomics sector
- Have demonstrable experience and knowledge of molecular biology, and in particular genomics and Next Generation Sequencing, strategic-selling and engagement with Key Opinion Leaders and senior stakeholders
- Have hands-on experience in lead generation and prospecting involving complex sales and purchasing processes
- Use your scientific knowledge to engage with customers
- Have a strong desire to drive business and establish long term customer relationships and loyalty
- Be a highly adaptable, self-driven and self-motivated individual
- Be an effective communicator both in writing and verbally with persuasive presentation skills
- Minimum of BSc in a Life Sciences subject I.E. Molecular Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, Immunology or Cell Biology
- MSc desirable (but not essential)
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Non-Contributory Pension Scheme whereby, a sum equal to 8% of your salary will be paid into the Scheme by the Company Private Health scheme
- 23 days holiday allowance pro-rated for partial years, of which 3 must be kept for the shutdown period during Christmas, plus statutory holidays, rising by 1 day for every year’s service to a maximum of 28 days after 5 years.
- 45p/mile car allowance