NGEx™ | Next Generation Nucleic Acid Extraction Technology
ExScale introduces automated, next generation technology for nucleic acid extraction from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue sections using paramagnetic beads. The NGEx™ technology enables serial extraction of DNA and RNA from the same biospecimen where the isolated nucleic acids are of optimal quality for next generation sequencing and other downstream applications.
ExScale Biospecimen Solutions specialise in processes and know-how for nucleic acid extraction from human tissue specimens. The company was established in 2012 by researchers at Uppsala University and has since then developed and marketed their Next Generation Extraction technology, NGEx™, defined by innovative new methods and products for automated nucleic acid extractions.
ExScale have implemented a quality management system according to ISO13485 with CE marked products according to Directive 98/79/EC.
ExScale NGEx™ features
- Fully automated extraction protocols (including tissue deparaffinisation)
- Improved productivity and reduced turn-around time
- Xylene-free deparaffinisation
- Serial extraction of DNA and RNA from the same specimen
- Enrichment of mRNA molecules
- Minimal sample input
- Reduced risk of cross contamination
You can view the ExScale Biospecimen Solutions range of products.