Overview of VH Bio Ltd
VH Bio is a leading supply and distribution company for the life sciences industry within the United Kingdom and Ireland. The company supplies laboratory testing products and equipment to a variety of routine and research life-science laboratory segments including Hospital, academia, and industry.
Overview of the Position:
The HLA Technical Sales Specialist is a field based, customer facing role covering the UK and Ireland as part of a team.
The role requires a person who is confident with hands-on performance of laboratory techniques within the H&I laboratory environment, and has good interpersonal skills. A large proportion of the role will involve customer facing activities such as; performing product presentations and product demonstrations to prospective customers; requiring a person capable of demonstrating and communicating a high level of technical understanding to prospective clients and therefore knowledge of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (H&I) is essential, understanding of all aspects of the field such as HLA Antibody detection and HLA molecular biology techniques/technologies.
Products within our HLA portfolio often require a consultative sales approach, frequently requiring dealing with key decision makers, i.e. Procurement Managers, Laboratory Managers, Department Heads & Post-doctoral researchers within University, Pharma, Biotech, Clinical & life science research institutes and laboratories. As the HLA Technical Sales Specialist you will be a motivated & highly driven candidate, possessing excellent communication and organisational skills, a very dynamic individual.
The ideal candidate could currently be working in a laboratory and have experience in areas/techniques such as: Luminex based HLA Antibody detection, Luminex based SSO HLA Typing, QPCR and NGS Sequencing etc. Motivated and driven to move into a commercial role. We envisage that this role might suit somebody from an H&I Laboratory back-ground, who in addition has previous experience in dealing with commercial companies.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in a biological based subject to include: Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, Immunology or other related degree. BSHI Diploma welcome but not essential to the role.
The primary goals of the role are to facilitate technical support and sales development of VH Bio’s HLA products whilst at the same time advancing relationships with existing customers.
Tasks and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Reporting to the HLA Product Manager you will be responsible for implementing a structured technical sales approach in order to develop business for VH Bio’s HLA products within the territory
- Working closely with key industries such as: Clinical/NHS, Academia & Industrial accounts dealing with key decision makers including Laboratory Scientists and Technical Staff
- Successfully identifying and qualifying new prospects, delivering technical product presentations and demonstrations of VH Bio products where necessary throughout the territory to develop business.
- Provide technical and application support within the territory for VH Bio’s HLA product portfolio.
- Partner with key customers to facilitate collaborations, evaluations, studies, and customer awareness and education programmes.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers.
- Maintain and increase product utilisation by customers.
- Provide competitive and market insight feedback to HLA Product Manager.All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
- Minimum of BSc in a Life Sciences subject e.g. Molecular Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, Immunology or Cell Biology.
- MSc desirable (but not essential).
- BSHI Diploma desirable (but not essential)
Essential Experiential Background:
- Hands-on Laboratory experience (research, clinical, or industrial) in the field of H&I
- Knowledge of NGS and PCR based technology
- Knowledge of HLA Antibody Detection
- Must be a determined, self-motivated, enthusiastic, articulate, well-presented person and able to convey technical information clearly and successfully.
- Valid driver’s licence.
Preferred Experiential Background:
- No previous commercial experience is required – however you must have a desire for business development and sales, using your Scientific Degree to your advantage with technical knowledge of VH Bio’s HLA products and H&I field.
- 3-5 years of experience within H&I field is preferred.
- Must be willing to travel primarily within UK and Ireland, but will occasionally require international travel.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Clear vision of and commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with internal colleagues and external customers to deliver results.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary.
- Non Contributory Pension Scheme whereby, a sum equal to 8% of your salary will be paid into the Scheme by the Company Private Health scheme.
- 23 days holiday allowance pro-rated for partial years, of which 3 must be kept for the shutdown period during Christmas, plus statutory holidays, rising by 1 day for every year’s service to a maximum of 28 days after 5 years.
- 45p/mile car allowance
Please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.