We are now longer recruiting for these roles, but to find out about potential career opportunities at VH Bio, please email your CV and covering letter to [email protected].
Overview of VH Bio Ltd
VH Bio is a leading supply and distribution company for the life sciences industry within the United Kingdom and Ireland. The company supplies laboratory testing products and equipment to a variety of routine and research life-science laboratory segments including Hospital, academia, and industry.
Overview of the Position:
VH Bio is currently recruiting for two Molecular Biology Sales Specialists. These are field based, customer facing roles, one needed to cover the London region (within M25) and one to cover the Southern UK region (Cambridgeshire, Oxfordshire, Leicestershire, Essex, Surrey, Kent, South Wales etc.).
The role requires a person capable of demonstrating and communicating a high level of technical understanding to prospective clients and therefore knowledge of molecular biology techniques and technologies is essential.
Products within our molecular biology portfolio often require a consultative sales approach, frequently requiring dealing with key decision makers, I.E. Procurement Managers, Laboratory Managers, Department Heads & Post-doctoral researchers within University, Pharma, Biotech, Clinical & life science research institutes and laboratories.
The role requires a person who is confident with hands-on performance of laboratory techniques within the molecular biology laboratory environment, and has good interpersonal skills. A large proportion of the role will involve customer facing activities such as; performing product presentations and product demonstrations to prospective customers.
As the Molecular Biology Sales Specialist you will be a motivated & highly driven candidate, possessing excellent communication and organisational skills, a very dynamic individual. The ideal candidate could currently be working in a laboratory/research based role & have experience in areas/techniques such as: PCR, Electrophoresis, ELISA, Pipetting, Cell Culture, DNA extraction, DNA Sequencing, Southern or Western Blotting etc. Motivated and driven to move into a scientific sales role.
We envisage that this role might suit somebody from a Molecular Biology/Cancer Research background. The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in a biological based subject to include: Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, Immunology or other related degree.
The primary goals of the role are to facilitate sales development of VH Bio’s Molecular Biology products whilst at the same time advancing relationships with existing customers.
Tasks and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Manager you will be responsible for implementing a structured technical sales approach in order to develop business for VH Bio’s Molecular Biology products within the territory
- Working closely with key industries such as: Clinical/NHS, Academia & Industrial accounts dealing with key decision makers including Laboratory Scientists and Technical Staff
- Successfully identifying a qualifying new prospects, delivering technical product presentations and demonstrations of VH Bio products where necessary throughout the territory to develop business.
- Provide a degree of technical and application support within the territory for VH Bio’s Molecular Biology product portfolio.
- Partner with key customers to facilitate collaborations, evaluations, studies, and customer awareness and education programmes.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers within the assigned territory.
- Maintain and increase product utilisation by customers.
- Provide competitive and market insight feedback to Sales & Marketing Manager.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
- Minimum of BSc in a Life Sciences subject I.E. Molecular Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, Immunology or Cell Biology.
- MSc desirable (but not essential).
Essential Experiential Background:
- Hands-on Laboratory experience (research, clinical, or industrial) in the field of Molecular Biology / Genetics
- Knowledge of NGS and PCR based technology and workflows
- Must be a real determined, self-motivated, enthusiastic, articulate, well-presented person and able to convey technical information clearly and successfully.
- Demonstrated experience in customer-facing role(s).
- Valid driver’s licence.
Preferred Experiential Background:
- No previous sales experience is required – however you must have a desire for business development and sales, using your Scientific Degree to your advantage with technical knowledge of VH Bio’s products and the Molecular Biology/Life Science field.
- 3-5 years of experience within Molecular Biology field is preferred.
- Must be willing to travel primarily within Southern UK, but will occasionally require international travel.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Clear vision of and commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with internal colleagues and external customers to deliver results.
Salary & Benefits:
- Basic salary of up to £30K per annum DOE.
- Non Contributory Pension Scheme whereby, a sum equal to 8% of your salary will be paid into the Scheme by the Company Private Health scheme.
- 23 days holiday allowance pro-rated for partial years, of which 3 must be kept for the shutdown period during Christmas, plus statutory holidays, rising by 1 day for every year’s service to a maximum of 28 days after 5 years.
- 45p/mile car allowance.
Please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to [email protected].