AmplideX®PCR/CE SMN1/2 Kit
The AmplideX PCR/CE SMN1/2 Kit* provides a rapid, robust, and reliable method for the quantification of SMN1 and SMN2 exon 7 copy number from just a single PCR reaction. With its minimal hands-on-time and delivery of results in less than four hours, the assay puts SMN1 and SMN2 copy number determination within reach of laboratories everywhere.
Features & Benefits
- Similar workflow for AmplideX PCR/CE FMR1 and DM1 Dx kits eases implementation and training.
- Scalable design enables high-throughput testing.
- Automated copy number reporting streamlines data analysis.
- A simplified workflow with fewer hands on steps and no overnight hybridization.
- Fully kitted solution with fewer incoming QC steps.
- DNA-to-data in less than four hours with only 50 minutes of hands-on-time.
- Ability to differentiate between 0, 1, 2, 3 and ≥4 copies for both SMN1 and SMN2.
- High specificity for both SMN1 and SMN2 ensures reliable results.
- Accurate copy number resolution demonstrated through comparisons with multiple orthogonal methods.
*For Research Use Only. Not for use in Diagnostic procedures.
- Absolute assay specificity permits detection of SMN1–SMN2 chimeras, including those resulting from gene conversion (Figure 1)
- Strong assay concordance to comparator methods (Table 1)
- Significantly reduced workflow time compared to alternative method (Figure 2)
Figure 1: Clinical samples tested with the AmplideX PCR/CE SMN1/2 Kit have 100% agreement with previous characterization methods.
Figure 2: Detection and differentiation of SMN1 and SMN2 hybrid peaks.
Table 1: SMN1 and SMN2 copy number concordance of the AmplideX PCR/CE SMN1/2 Kit. 95% confidence intervals (CI) are indicated.
Figure 3: Workflow comparison of Asuragen AmplideX Technology and MLPA.