AmplideX®PCR/CE SMN1 Kit (RUO)
The AmplideX PCR/CE SMN1 Kit* provides a rapid, robust, and reliable method for the quantification of SMN1 exon 7 copy number from whole blood and buccal samples. With its streamlined PCR/CE workflow, rapid turnaround time, and automated results reporting software, the assay provides a simple and scalable SMN1 solution for all laboratories.
Features & Benefits
AmplideX technology has become widely established for the detection and quantification of repeat expansions in a number of genes, including FMR1, C9orf72, and DMPK. With the AmplideX PCR/CE SMN1 Kit, this approach is applied to copy number resolution, allowing SMN1 exon 7 copy number to be estimated in under four hours using readily available laboratory equipment.
- Similar workflow to the AmplideX FMR1 kit eases implementation and testing
- Scalable design allows for high-throughput testing
- Automated analysis objectively reports copy number
- A simplified workflow compared to alternative methods
- Fully kitted solutions with fewer QC and pipetting steps
- DNA to data in under four hours with only 45 minutes of hands-on-time
- Ability to differentiate between 0, 1, 2, 3 and > 3 copies
- Robust, reliable results with non-overlapping ratios for each copy number output
- Concordance with previously characterized samples
Analytical characteristics of AmplideX PCR/CE SMN1 Kit:
- Excellent concordance with previously characterized clinical samples (Figure 1)
- Consistent results compared to other commercially available methods (Figure 2)
- Automated results reporting via AmplideX Reporter software (Figure 3)
Figure 1. Excellent concordance with previously characterized clinical samples.
Figure 2: Consistent results compared to other commercially available methods.
Figure 3: Automated results reporting via AmplideX Reporter software.
Figure 4: Workflow for the AmplideX PCR/CE SMN1 Kit