Armored Controls have been utilised in IVD-approved assays for more than 20 years and continue to serve as an important tool in the rapidly evolving space of molecular diagnostics. Asuragen’s Armored RNA Quant® (ARQ) technology is preferred for quantitative applications and is constructed by in vitro encapsulation of an in vitro transcribed (IVT) RNA. Armored RNA products can be deployed as controls at all stages of a molecular testing workflow from extraction to detection and they serve as a total process control for your molecular assays. They are the most commonly used controls across major commercial molecular infectious disease assays.
The versatile, stable and non-infectious nature of Armored RNA controls renders them usable across all stages of an assay’s lifecycle, from development to routine use in the clinical laboratory.
In response to the worldwide outbreak of COVID-19, Asuragen has developed a novel Armored RNA control that targets the SARS-CoV-2 viral nucleocapsid (N) region. Our new RNAse P construct aligns with the CDC and WHO recommended Diagnostic Panel (CDC-006-00019) providing a stable, reliable, and safe way to rapidly test for the presence of the novel Coronavirus. Each control encodes an in vitro transcribed RNA encapsulated in a protective protein coat to create a virus-like particle resistant to nuclease degradation. This allows the products to be used as RNA extraction controls, process quality controls, or positive diagnostic reference controls. From feasibility to clinical use, these robust and versatile controls are beneficial across all sectors of the research and diagnostic spectrum.
- Available as standalone catalog items
- High-quality solution to monitor extraction and process efficiency
- Compatible with a wide range of RNA-based clinical assays
- Non-infectious, synthetic constructs simplify shipping and storage
- Deployable as extractable, exogenous internal positive control
- Tailored sequences specific to SARS-CoV-2 and RNAse P
- Degradation resistant in majority of biological matrices
- Multiple volume and manufacturing options available
- Available as cGMP or development lot in a range of fill volumes
- Concentration determined using National Institute of Standards (NIST) traceable standard
- Highly standardised, quality controlled manufacturing ensures reliability and consistency between lots
- Manufactured in a cell-free system
Armored RNA Quant® SARS-CoV-2* Coronavirus 2019
- Minimum concentration: 2 x 106 copies/mL
- Buffer Composition: TSM III (10 mM Tris, 100 nM NaCl, 1 mM MgCl2, 0.1% Gelatin, 0.3% Microcide III, pH 7.0)
- Storage at -15 to -30°C
Packaged SARS-CoV-2 Sequence
Amplification primer/probe binding regions for SARS-CoV-2 sequences are detailed below. Orange boxes represent the N1 and N2 primer/probe sequences from “CDC 2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel.” The purple and red boxes indicate primers used for QC of the entire target.