New Amplidex kits that make accurate detection of SMN1 and SMN2 copy number easier and quicker than ever are now available from VH Bio.
Quantifying SMN1 and SMN2 as part of spinal muscular atrophy research has traditionally been time-consuming and laborious.
Now, the Asuragen AmplideX PCR/CE SMN1 and AmplideX PCR/CE SMN1/2 kits apply the simplicity and streamlined testing workflows of AmplideX technology to quantify SMN1 and SMN2 copy number in less than four hours.
The new kits, available exclusively from VH Bio, offer reduced complexity, optimised workflow and, most importantly, high-quality performance.
The technology brings the testing process within the range of more laboratories, shortening the amount of hands-on time and reducing the overall testing time from days to hours.
The kits follow in the footsteps of Asuragen’s AmplideX® PCR/CE technology, which for the first time revolutionised how CGG repeat expansions in the FMR1 gene could be detected and analysed.
- Similar workflow to the best-selling AmplideX FMR1 kit, easing implementation and testing
- Scalable design allows for high-throughput testing
- Automated analysis objectively reports copy number
- A simplified workflow compared to alternative methods
- Fully kitted solutions with fewer QC and pipetting steps
- DNA to data in under four hours with only 45 minutes of hands-on-time
- Ability to differentiate between 0, 1, 2, 3 and > 3 copies
- Robust, reliable results with non-overlapping ratios for each copy number output
- Concordance with previously characterized samples