VH Bio is marking the launch of one of its latest products – the EnzSAP™ PCR clean-up reagent from Edge Bio – by offering free samples for labs to trial.
The Edge Bio EnzSAP™ allows quick and simple clean-up of DNA samples that have been amplified using the PCR technique.
EnzSAP™ PCR Clean-up Reagent is a proprietary formulation of two hydrolytic enzymes — recombinant Shrimp Alkaline Phosphatase (rSAP) and Exonuclease I (ExoI).
EnzSAP cleans-up PCR amplicons in two ways: firstly, Exonuclease I degrades any remaining PCR primers that might interfere with subsequent enzymatic reactions (through generation of non-specific amplification products).
Secondly, SAP inactivates any unincorporated dNTPS by removing the 5’ phosphate molecule (dephosphorylation) from the ribose molecule of the nucleotide so that it cannot be ligated into a growing DNA chain.
Following EnzSAP treatment, the PCR products are immediately ready for downstream applications such as Sanger Sequencing and NGS library preparation without any need for further processing.
The Edge Bio EnzSAP also benefits from quick and simple protocol. To use, simply:
- Transfer 5 μL of a completed PCR reaction to a new microcentrifuge tube
- Add 2 μL of EnzSAP reagent
- Incubate at 37°C for 5 minutes
- Heat inactivate at 80°C for 10 minutes
EnzSAP™ eliminates the need for tedious gel, column, or magnetic bead purifications with no loss of precious samples since all steps take place in a single tube, and double-stranded PCR amplicons are left completely intact, irrespective of size.
- Add directly to PCR product
- Degrades excess primers and completely inactivates unincorporated dNTPs
- Ideal for sequential enzymatic reactions
- Ideal for use with robotic pipettors and can be added directly to PCR reactions in 96- or 384-well plates.
- Automation-friendly for high volume labs
- 100% Sample Recovery
- No loss of valuable samples
- Convenient use. Both enzymes, ExoI and rSAP, are supplied pre-mixed in a single-tube format
VH Bio now has free samples available and ready to ship – to request a sample, fill in the contact form on this page and a VH Bio representative will be in touch.
VH Bio and Edge Bio are long-standing partners – VH Bio is the exclusive UK distributor of 67 Edge Bio products.