Overview of VH Bio Ltd
VH Bio Limited is a leading supply and distribution company for the life sciences industry within the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland, serving and specialising in key areas of science including Transplant Diagnostics, Molecular Biology, Immunology and Cell Biology.
Overview of the Position:
The Molecular Biology Sales Specialist is a field-based, customer-facing role covering the South Eastern UK region (Leicestershire, Cambridgeshire, London, Surrey, Kent, Essex, etc.). You would be responsible for the sales of a range of molecular biology products across the territory, with a focus on customers in the clinical, research, pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors.
The role requires a person capable of assuredly demonstrating and communicating a high level of technical understanding to prospective clients and therefore an in-depth knowledge of molecular biology techniques and technologies is essential.
Tasks and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
The primary goals of the role are to facilitate the sales development of VH Bio’s Molecular Biology products whilst at the same time advancing relationships with existing customers.
The promotion of key products within our molecular biology portfolio often requires seeking and engaging with principal laboratory stakeholders as well as the application of a consultative sales approach. You will utilise product features and benefits to identify and qualify leads, initiate the sales process and successfully promote the Company’s products and services. You will focus on building strong relationships with customers to achieve sales, therefore you must be a motivated, resilient, outgoing, goal-orientated & highly-driven individual possessing excellent communication and organisational skills to put forward an appropriate solution to satisfy the client’s needs.
Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Manager, your duties will include:
- Implementing a structured technical sales approach to develop business for VH Bio’s Molecular Biology products within the territory
- Working closely with key industries such as clinical, research, pharmaceutical and biotechnology Industrial accounts dealing with key stakeholders including Laboratory Scientists and Technical Staff
- Successfully identifying and qualifying new prospects, delivering technical product presentations and demonstrations of VH Bio’s products where necessary throughout the territory to develop business
- Provide a degree of technical and application support within the territory for VH Bio’s Molecular Biology product portfolio
- Partnering with key customers to facilitate collaborations, evaluations, studies, and customer awareness and education programmes
- Maintain positive relationships with customers within the assigned territory
- Maintain and increase product utilisation by customers
- Provide competitive and market insight feedback to Sales & Marketing Manager
Background and Experience:
The ideal candidate must have a desire for business development and sales, using your scientific degree to your advantage with technical knowledge of VH Bio’s products and the Life Science sector. As the right candidate you should:
- Have hands-on Laboratory experience (research, clinical, or industrial) in the field of Molecular Biology
- Know PCR-based technologies and common molecular biology techniques
- Be a determined, self-motivated, enthusiastic, articulate, well-presented person and able to convey technical information clearly and successfully
- Have a valid driver’s licence
- Be willing to travel primarily within the South Eastern UK Territory, but will occasionally require international travel
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a clear vision of and commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with internal colleagues and external customers to deliver results
- Minimum of BSc in a Life Sciences subject i.e., Molecular Biology, Genetics, Microbiology or other related degrees
- MSc desirable (but not essential)
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Non-Contributory Pension Scheme whereby, a sum equal to 8% of your salary will be paid into the Scheme by the Company Private Health scheme
- 23 days holiday allowance pro-rated for partial years, of which 3 must be kept for the shutdown period during Christmas, plus statutory holidays, rising by 1 day for every year’s service to a maximum of 28 days after 5 years.
- 45p/mile car allowance