Overview of the Position:
The HLA Technical Sales Specialist is a field-based position covering the UK and Ireland as part of a team.
The ideal candidate would be a very dynamic individual, highly motivated & driven, possessing excellent communication and organisational skills; could currently be working in a laboratory and have experience in areas/techniques such as Luminex based HLA Antibody detection, Luminex based SSO HLA Typing, QPCR and Next Generation Sequencing.
A large proportion of the role will involve customer-facing activities such as performing product presentations and product demonstrations to prospective customers; requiring a person capable of demonstrating and communicating a high level of technical understanding to prospective clients.
The primary goals of the role are to facilitate technical support and sales development of VH Bio’s HLA products whilst at the same time advancing relationships with existing customers.
Preferred Educational Background:
- Minimum of BSc in a Life Sciences subject e.g. Molecular Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, Immunology or Cell Biology.
- BSHI Diploma is desirable (but not essential).
Essential Experiential Background:
- Hands-on Laboratory experience (research, clinical, or industrial) in the field of H&I.
- Must be a determined, self-motivated, enthusiastic, articulate, well-presented person and able to convey technical information clearly and successfully.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel primarily within the UK & Ireland but will occasionally require international travel.
- A clear vision of and commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
Preferred Experiential Background:
- No previous commercial experience is required – however, you must have a desire for business development and sales, using your Scientific Degree to your advantage with technical knowledge of VH Bio’s HLA products and H&I field.
- 2-3 years of experience within H&I field is preferred.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme whereby a sum equal to 8% of salary will be paid into the Scheme by the Company.
- Private Health Scheme.
- 23 days holiday allowance; pro-rated for partial years, of which 3 must be kept for the shutdown period during Christmas, plus statutory holidays, rising by 1 day for every year’s service to a maximum of 28 days after 5 years.
- 45p/mile car allowance.
To apply for the position: Please send a copy of your CV to Alison Wortley [email protected]
Overview of VH Bio Ltd:
VH Bio is a leading supply and distribution company for the life sciences industry within the United Kingdom and Ireland. The company supplies laboratory testing products and equipment to a variety of routine and research life-science laboratory segments including Hospital, academia, and industry.